Police say Jorge Reyes Jr., 23, was shot multiple times for a “ridiculous” reason — eye contact the suspect didn’t like. The alleged shooter also had two young boys with him.
- A look back at the 1994 Northridge earthquake on 24th anniversary
- Here’s the 2018 Women’s March LA route and which streets will be closed downtown – Daily News
- LA honors Martin Luther King with parade inspired by the slain civil rights leader’s legacy
- Suspect killed Northridge man on New Year’s Eve over ‘perceived disrespect,’ LA police say
- Sushi has a cult following at the no-frills Go’s Mart in Canoga Park – Daily News
- Golden Globes 2018 red carpet fashion: See photos of the stars’ best and worst looks
- Cold, fast-moving storm could bring rain to Southern California, snow to mountains and even Antelope Valley – Daily News
- Flu-related deaths continue to climb in California. Here’s the latest toll – Daily News
- Photos: The 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake, a look back
- Uproar over LA’s new trash-hauling program is piling up. Here’s what one group is doing to toss it – Daily News
- Why can’t the Lakers win without Lonzo Ball, and will they ever? – Daily News
- If the government shuts down tonight, how will it impact you? – Daily News
Edgar Allan Poe, American author and poet “Once upon a midnight dreary/While I pondered, weak and weary/Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore/While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping/As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door/’Tis some visitor,’ I muttered, ‘tapping at my chamber door/Only this and nothing more.'” (“The Raven”)...
Pat Benatar, Kate Pierson and Cindy Wilson of The B-52’s, Exene Cervenka of X, Melissa Etheridge and more will be honored during the NAMM Show at the 6th Annual She Rocks Awards at House of Blues Anaheim on Friday, Jan. 26.
The shooting took place shortly after 4:30 p.m. along John Street, north of Los Nietos Road.